Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thrift find

When shopping at my local Goodwill, I make sure the framed art is the first department I check out.  My last excursion I came across this 70's style print.  I was drawn to it at first glance. ( Reminded me of my mother in the seventies).  I also noticed the artists name in the right hand corner and it looked authentic.  I researched the artist and found that Christine Rosamond had a short career before she died of a tragic death.  I also checked out EBay and found out the print I bought was selling at an average of $80.00.  I purchased the print for $1.99.       


The morale of the story... someones trash = my treasure!  Might not make me a millionaire but I now own a piece of ART!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...